I had fun detailing and wheelswapping this Track Manga. And giving it a proper bosozoku exhaust.
I’m trading this Datsun wagon gasser to a local diecast vendor. Not only does this protect it, but it uses up one of the pile of these M2 cases I have hanging around.
Finally had a nice day, and got the hitch installed on Project Colony Ship.
A co-worker of my gf asked her if I could restore his favorite childhood matchbox. She sent me pics of it, and it turns out to be an error car!
This was fun to build. I’m making it to trade with a local diecast vendor for some other casts.
Tried to pull Project Colony Ship off its cement pad into the driveway without clearing the foot of old snow in the way first.
Sitting on a 180SX chassis.
I built this ‘84 Cadillac hearse from the Ecto-1 cast from the new movie.
I finished making and installing the last of the signs on my Twitch stream last night. So the diorama is done.
But this ‘71 Mustang looks like rolling evil.
50th anniversary Datsun for $0.84. I got two Javelins at that price too as wheel donors.
I finished the first large highway sign. The “concrete” bases are magnets to make it removable.
finally getting the signs built for the diorama. Vdubyajohn helped out by sizing the signs to scale, and laying them out so i can print a bunch on one page.
Saw this wagon with opening tailgate listed as part of a big lot of diecasts on craigslist and it is driving me nuts trying to ID it. Anyone know what this is and who made it?
The diorama is going well. Grass is done, and it and the roads are coated in several layers of matter clear lacquer. The stripes were done with pinstriping tape, which may or may not hold long term.
From my "favorite acquisitions of 2018" post that i never got around to writing.
...maybe don’t use a pic of the most famous baja bug in NY.
this was a quick build because i was bored last night. This is the gasser body using the chassis aand fromt wheels from a fire truck and a set of 3d printed rears.
Having just gotten it running again, I’m thinking of getting rid of the early 5.0 with its crude EFI in Project Colony Ship (my ‘87 Mercury Colony Park Wagon), and replacing it with something better (read: OBD2, and better parts availability).